School Site Council is a school level group that is responsible for improving academic achievement through the compliant and efficient use of specific categorical funds. This is a joint effort of parents, teachers, administrators, school staff, and students.
What is the function of the School Site Council?
- Develop and monitor the comprehensive Single Plan for Student Achievement (SPSA)
- Continuous planning, monitoring, revision, and review of effectiveness
- Including budgets and expenditures for strategies and actions in SPSA
- Ensure SPSA is in compliance with funding requirements
- Recommend SPSA to School Board for approval
- Ensure SPSA supports LEA Plan'
- Participate in the LCAP process